Nothing will have a bigger impact on your long-term profitable growth than being able to identify, screen and attract great talent.
FACT: The majority of the most talented people in construction DO NOT work for your company.
OPPORTUNITY: You have a huge pool to go fishing in!
We approach the entire process of talent acquisition with the same rigor as the business development and project execution processes.
- Needs Identification: Clear job description, measures of success and competencies required for the role.
- Networking: Like great projects the majority of great hires come from within a company’s own network. Identifying this network and getting it prepped for a talent search is the next most important step.
- Candidate Sourcing: Identify alternate methods beyond networking to attract candidates including advertising and recruiters.
- Structured Interviews: A series of interviews with structured discussion points is prepared based on the role description, competencies and expected outcomes.
- Assessments: Depending on the role additional screening tools may be utilized including skills testing, personality surveys and learning assessments.
- Reference Checks: Candidate arranges phone calls with key people identified during the interview process with a set of follow-up questions based on the interview process.
- Job Offer: Ensure that everything from the Needs Identification stage is clearly communicated along with compensation, benefits, etc.
- Onboarding Plan: Developed earlier in the process this ensures that the new team member comes up to speed quickly and is satisfied with the process.
We have a strong body of knowledge built through experience helping Contractors improve their talent acquisition processes.